Monday, December 22, 2008

What is inside the box? Number two

As a younger preacher I often heard older pastors asking each other "what did you preach aganst sunday"? I got the idea that you had to be aganst something all the time. I now Know that if you preach and teach about the spiritual needs in peoples life you will have enough preaching material to last a lifetime. so we might want to put agginerism in the box. along with trying to take care of business that is not ours. talking about what we actually know nothing about could also be put in the box. doing things a certian way just because its always been done that way, could be placed in the box, one thing we may want to keep in mind and think on, is how much these afore mentioned things have hindered the cause of christ? Please think on these things and let me know what you think? Marlin Freeman.

1 comment:

  1. Marlin, I use to hear, "I'm going to be against something even if it is coca-colas and peanuts." Of course, we must be against and preach against sin, but Christianity is essentially a positive religion. There is just too much positive things to preach to major on the negatives.

    ReplyDelete