Friday, December 19, 2008

Inside the box

When We begin to talk about outside the box we must first detirimine what is inside the box. I find that inside the box, there is a lot of old memories of how Church use to be done and with these memories comes the desire to re visit or move back to those times. memories are great but you cannot re live the past. If we try todo so we loose the generations this side of there. There are also traditions, that have little to do with what the Bible teaches, with that in mind we look at the box it is full of memories and traditions I think it might be best just to put a lid on the box and sit it aside not discard it,but build around it in a way that will be memories and traditions for a new generation. Does that make any sence. Let me know! Marlin Freeman.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Theme
    "Outside the Box, but in the Word"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere Bro. Freeman. You continue to surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you clarify as to how far outside the box you think we need to go? Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro. Melton, I do not advocate going beond what the scripture allows. I would hasten on to say that many of the things that are closely guarded now are not Scripturial commands but personal likes. you will not find me violateing the scriptures. stay tuned for more. Marlin Freeman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I add a thought to your theme? I think it is important to not let anyone put you in a box. Think for yourself! Study the scriptures with an open, prayerful mind and rejoice in what the Holy Spirit teaches you. Today, too many labels are used to stiffle independent study and sharing nuggets of the Word in a state of rejoicing.

    ReplyDelete