Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were You???

Where were you.??? On 9-11-01. The memory is still etched in My mind. I was in a motel near DFW Airport. standing on the patio drinking My morning coffee, and watching the planes leave out of DFW. there was a plane taking off about every 45 seconds. Suddenly they stop ed, and I casually wondered why? My Wife and I were in Dallas that day for a business Meeting. Only a short time passed until we learned about the Trade center, and the Hi-Jacked planes and the mass destruction. We knew first hand what a major disaster this was. We also had learned several years before what such an event does to Dallas. We were there when President Kennedy was assinated. Margaret was only a block away as the President was Killed. Remembering that time We cut our Business short and prepared to leave Dallas and head for East Tex. We found the Expressways Bumper to Bumper but moving, for the next 40 Miles it was 30Mph. but no stops. We will always remember those two days in Dallas.

3 comments:

  1. I was teaching school....heard about the attacks in the hallway from another teacher after 1st period. A T.V. was set up in the teacher workroom and as we could during the day, we checked on the events. I remember being glued to the T.V., being anxious, angry and impatient.

    I know that the cost of our soldiers would be great, but I think it is a shame that Bin Laden has not been "brought to justice." Worse than that, though, he will stand before God one day...my God, not his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at work, talking to a contractor on the phone. He was talking to me and said they just showed a plane flying into the World Trade Center. I had no concept of what the WTC was, and at the time he didn't mention it like it was anything more than an accident. So for a time I had the concept of a small plane accidentally flying into a small building. A little later I would learn the real import of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the way to VoTech in Shreveport, LA. Heard the first via contraband radio. Heard the second via the same still on the bus. Heard of the Pentagon at school. Went back to the high school via school bus. Saw Air-Force One with many A-10 Warthogs and a few F-16s all around it flying to Barksdale (or some fake Air Force One). I also didn't know what the WTC was when I was told, but I knew the Pentagon.

    When we got back to school, we had news crews trying to figure out why Barksdale Air Force base personnel were at the school. It was then they found out we were just Jr. ROTC students on "uniform day".

    ReplyDelete